Current Residents

Tenant Rent Payment Options

The tenants of Hawaii Public Housing Authority may pay their rent with one of the following three options.

Payment at a Designated Bank

Tenants can go to any branch of their AMP designated bank and present the rent payment stub to make their rent payment. The rent payment stub shown below is the bottom portion of the monthly rent statement.

ACH Rent Payment

ACH payments are directly withdrawn from tenants’ bank accounts on the 7th business day each month. To sign up for ACH rent payment, tenants need to complete the ACH Payment Authorization Form and deliver it to their resident management office. To obtain the form, click on the link below.

ACH Rent Payment Authorization Form

Online Payment

Tenants can pay their rent online. Online payments can be a one-time payment or a regular recurring payment. The rent payment will be withdrawn from the tenant bank account inputted online. Click on the link to make an online payment.
Pay Online

Tenant Employment Opportunities

If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please check here regularly for opportunities. We have various departments always looking for talented people from diverse backgrounds to help us fulfill our mission of providing adequate and affordable housing, economic opportunity, and a suitable living environment for, low-income families and individuals, free from discrimination.

Section 3 Jobs

The Section 3 program requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance or HUD funded contracts, to the greatest extent possible, provide job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low- or very-low income residents or businesses in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods. If you live in government-assisted housing or if your household income falls below HUD's income limits, you may qualify as a Section 3 resident or Section 3 business concern.
Learn More

Asset Management Property (AMP) Contact Information

Honolulu County

AMP 30
  • Office: (808) 483-2550
  • Pu‘uwai Momi 99-132 Kohomua Street, Aiea 96701
  • Hale Laulima 1184 Waimano Home Road, Pearl City 96782
  • Waipahu I 94-111 Pupuole Place, Waipahu 96787
  • Waipahu II 94-132 Pupupuhi Street, Waipahu 96787
  • Salt Lake Apartments 2907 Ala Ilima Street, Honolulu 96818
AMP 31
  • Office: (808) 832-3336
  • After hours emergency: (808) 528-8685
  • Work orders: (808) 832-3384
  • Kalihi Valley Homes 2250 Kalena Drive Honolulu HI 96819
  • Puahala Ahiahi Street Honolulu, 96817
  • Ahiahi Place, Honolulu, 96817
  • Hala Drive, Honolulu, 96817
  • ‘Io Street, Honolulu, 96817
  • Lanakila Ave Honolulu, 96817
  • N. School Street Honolulu, 96817
  • Hauiki 1574 Meyers Honolulu, HI 96819
AMP 32
  • Office :(808) 832-3153
  • After hours emergency: (808) 832-3390
  • Work orders: (808) 832-3092
  • Security guard: (808) 832-3208 / (808) 832-3187
  • Mayor Wright Homes 521 N. Kukui Street, Honolulu 96817
AMP 33
  • Office: (808) 832-3153
  • After hours emergency: (808) 832-3390
  • Work orders: (808) 832-3092
  • Security company: (808) 291-5384
  • Kamehameha Homes 1541 Haka Drive. Honolulu, HI 96817
  • Ka‘ahumanu Homes Multiple Addresses along Waiakamilo Roadd (Alokele St., Kaiwi‘ula St., McNeill St.)
AMP 34
  • Office: (808) 973-0193
  • After hours emergency/repair: (808) 832-3390
  • Kalakaua Homes 1545 Kalākaua Ave, Honolulu 96826 (Multiple addresses)
  • Makua Ali‘i 1541 Kalākaua Ave
  • Paoakalani 1583 Kalākaua Ave
  • Kalākaua Mid Rise 1545 Kalākaua Ave
  • Kalākaua Low Rise 1551 Kalakaua Ave
AMP 35
  • Office: (808) 586-9724
  • Work orders: (808) 586-9701
  • Kalanihuia 1220 ‘A‘ala Street Honolulu, HI 96817
  • Makamae 21 S. Kuakini Honolulu, HI 96813
  • Pumehana 1212 Kīnau Street Honolulu, HI 96814
  • Punchbowl 730 Captain Cook Ave Honolulu, HI 96813
  • Spencer House 1035 Spencer Street, Honolulu, HI 96822
AMP 40
  • Office (808) 851-7155
  • Kūhiō Homes Ahonui Street, Honolulu 96819
  • Kūhiō Park Terrace Lowrise Ahonui St. & Linapuni St., Honolulu 96819
AMP 42
  • Office Hale Po'ai: (808) 832-3445
  • Office La'iola: (808) 622-6350
  • Office Kamalu and Ho'olulu: (808) 675-0099
  • Office Halia Hale: (808) 586-7595
  • Hale Po`ai 1001 N. School Street, Honolulu 96817
  • La'iola 1 & 15 Ihoiho Place, Wahiawa 96786
  • Kamalu 94-941 Kau'olu Place, Waipahu 96797
  • Ho'olulu 94-943 Kau'olu Place, Waipahu 96797
  • Halia Hale 851 N. School Street, Honolulu 96817
AMP 44
  • Office: (808) 697-7171
  • After hours: (808) 528-8486
  • Waimaha-Sunflower 85-186 McArthur Street, Wai‘anae 96792
  • Kau‘iokalani 85-658 Farrington Hwy., Wai‘anae 96792
  • Mā‘ili I Maliona Street, Wai‘anae 96792
  • Mā‘ili II Keliikipi St., Wai‘anae 96792
  • Nānākuli Homes Lualei Pl. & Farrington Hwy., Wai‘anae 96792
AMP 45
  • Office: (808) 233-3766
  • After hours: (808) 528-8486
  • Ko‘olau Village 45-1027 Kamau Place, Kaneohe 96744
  • Ho‘okipa Kahalu‘u 47-330 ‘Āhuimanu Road, Kaneohe 96744
  • Kaneohe Apartments 45-507 & 45-513 Pahia Road, Kaneohe 96744
  • Kauhale O‘hana 41-1260 Kalaniana‘ole Hwy., Waimānalo 96795
  • Waimānalo Homes Humuniki St. & Humuna Pl., Waimānalo 96795
  • Waimānalo Homes II Humuniki St. & Humuna Pl., Waimānalo 96795
AMP 49
  • Office Kauhale Nani and Wahiawa Terrace: (808) 622-6360
  • Office Kupuna Home O'Waialua: (808) 637-8244
  • After hours: (808) 945-1175
  • Kauhale Nani 310 North Cane Street, Wahiawa 96786
  • Wahiawa Terrace 337 Palm Street, Wahiawa 96786
  • Kupuna Home O'Waialua 67-088 Goodale Avenue, Wahiawa 96791
AMP 50
  • Office: (808) 733-9113
  • After hours: (808) 528-8486
  • Pālolo Valley Homes 2129 Ahe Street, Honolulu 96816

Hawai'i County

AMP 37
  • Office: (808) 933-0474
  • After hours call center: (808) 933-0474
  • Lanakila Homes I, II, IIIA, IIIB, IV 600 Wailoa St, Hilo 96720
  • Hale Aloha ‘O Puna 16-189 Pili Mua Street, Keaau 96749
  • Hale Olaloa 144 Kamana Street, Hilo 96720
  • Kauhale O'Hanakahi 19 Pamala Street, Hilo 96720
  • Lokahi Lokahi Circle, Hilo 96720
  • Pahala 96-1169 Kou Street, Pahala 96777
  • Pomaikai Homes 929 Ululani Street, Hilo 96720
  • Punahele Homes Lokahi Place, Hilo 96720
AMP 43
  • Office: (808) 322-1915
  • After hours call center: (888) 440-7987
  • Ka Hale Kahalu‘u 78-6725 Mākole‘ā Street, Kailua-Kona 96740
  • Hale Ho‘okipa 81-1038 Nani Kupuna Place, Kealakekua 96750
  • Kaimalino 74-5060 Kealaka‘a Street, Kailua-Kona 96740
  • Kealakehe 74-991 Manawale‘a Street, Kailua-Kona 96740
  • Nani Olu 81-1011 Nani Kupuna Place, Kealakekua 96750
AMP 46
  • Office: (808) 887-8130
  • After hours call center: (888) 249-9185
  • Noelani II 65-1191 Opelo Road, Kamuela 96743
  • Hale Hau`oli 45-540 Koniaka Place, Honokaa 96727
  • Ke Kumu `Ekolu 68-3385 Ke Kumu Place, Waikoloa 96738
  • Ke Kumu `Elua 68-3367 Ke Kumu Place, Waikoloa 96738
  • Noelani I 65-1189 Opelo Road, Kamuela 96743

Maui County

AMP 39


  • Office / Work order: (808) 243-5001
  • David Malo Circle Mill Street, Lahaina 96761
  • Kahekili Terrace A Pi‘ihana Road, Wailuku 96793
  • Kahekili Terrace B 2015 Holowai Rd., Wailuku 96793
  • Makani Kai Hale I 35 Koapaka Ln, Wailuku 96793
  • Makani Kai Hale II 35 Koapaka Ln, Wailuku 96793
  • Pi‘ilani Homes 1028 Waine‘e Street, Lahaina 96761


  • Office / Work order: (808) 552-2270
  • Kahale Mua (Federal) 119 Maunaloa Road, Maunaloa 96770
  • Kahale Mua (State) 100 Maunaloa Road, Maunaloa 96770

Kaua'i County

AMP 38
  • Office: (808) 821-4415
  • After hours call center: (808) 821-4454
  • Kekaha work orders: (808) 337-7664
  • All other work orders: (808) 821-4415
  • Kapa‘a Family 4726 Malu Road. Kapa‘a 96746
  • Hale Ho‘olulu 4264 Ala Muku Place, Kīlauea 96754
  • ‘Ele‘ele Family 340 Ahe St, ‘Ele‘ele 96705
  • Hui ‘O Hanamā‘ulu 4711 Laukona St, Līhu‘e 96766
  • Kalaheo 2625 Pu‘u Road, Kalaheo 96741
  • Home Nani 9791 Lā‘au Road, Waimea 96796
  • Hale Nani Kai O‘kea 4850 Kawaihau Road, Kapa‘a 96746
  • Hale Ho‘onanea 4401 Waialo Road, Port Allen 96705
  • Kekaha Ha‘aheo 8238 Iwipolena Road, Kekaha 96752
  • Kawailehua 5230 Paanau Road, Koloa 96756
  • Koloa 5220 Paanau Road, Koloa 96756

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of programs do you have to help residents of your housing projects get a job?

HPHA offers programs in job training, high school equivalency diplomas (GET), and other areas that address the needs of residents who are seeking employment. You can contact HPHA at 808-832-5900 for more information.

If I have a job, do I still have to do community service?

A resident must be employed at least thirty hours per week to be exempt from completing the eight hours of Community Service each month. If you have more questions about Community Service, contact your Project Management Office.

Are there residents who do not have to do any community service?

From Notice PIH-2009-48 (HA)

Exempt Residents: The Admissions and Continuing Occupancy Policy (ACOP) presents how the PHA determines if an individual is exempt from the CSSR and the documentation needed to support the exemption. Exemptions for adult residents unable to participate, as codified at 24 CFR 960.601, include persons who are:

A. 62 years or older;

B. Blind or disabled, as defined under 216(i)(1) or 1614 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Section 416(i)(1); Section 1382c),

  1. who certify that, because of this disability, she or he is unable to comply with the service provisions of this subpart, or
  2. is a primary caretaker of such individual;

C. Engaged in work activities (see Notice PIH 2003-17 (HA)). In order for an individual to be exempt from the CSSR requirement because he/she is “engaged in work activities,” the person must be participating in an activity that meets one of the following definitions of “work activity” contained in Section 407(d) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Section 607(d)):

  1. Unsubsidized employment;
  2. Subsidized private-sector employment;
  3. Subsidized public-sector employment;
  4. Work experience (including work associated with the refurbishing of publicly assisted housing) if sufficient private sector employment is not available;
  5. On-the-job-training;
  6. Job-search and job-readiness assistance;
  7. Community service programs;
  8. Vocational educational training (not to exceed 12 months with respect to any individual);
  9. Job-skills training directly related to employment;
  10. Education directly related to employment in the case of a recipient who has not received a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalency;
  11. Satisfactory attendance at secondary school or in a course of study leading to a certificate of general equivalency, in the case of a recipient who has not completed secondary school or received such a certificate; and,
  12. The provision of childcare services to an individual who is participating in a community service program;

D. Able to meet requirements under a State program funded under part A of title IV of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Section 601 et seq.) or under any other welfare program of the State in which PHA is located including a State-administered Welfare-to-Work program; or,

E. A member of a family receiving assistance, benefits, or services under a State program funded under part A of title IV of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Section 601 et seq.), or under any other welfare program of the State in which the PHA is located, including a State-administered Welfare-to-Work program, and has not been found by the State or other administering entity to be in noncompliance with such a program.

PHAs are encouraged to use 30 hours per week as the minimum number of hours for a work activity as described in Section 407(d) of the Social Security Act, and implementing regulations 45 CFR 261.31(1)(a)(1). PHAs can use reasonable guidelines in clarifying this statutory list of work activities in coordination with the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) agency, as appropriate (see Notice PIH 2004-17(HA)).

PHAs must describe in its CSSR policy the process to determine which family members are exempt from the requirement, as well as the process for determining any changes to the exempt status of the family member. PHAs provide the family a copy of CSSR policy at initial application and secure certification of receipt as shown in Attachment A, (see 24 CFR 960.605(c)(2)).

PHAs make the final determination whether to grant an exemption from the community service requirement. If a resident does not agree with the PHA’s determination, the resident may dispute the decision through the PHA’s Grievance Procedures (see 24 CFR Part 966 Subpart B, 24 CFR 960.607(b).

PHAs include in the CSSR policy that an exemption to the requirement is verified annually by the PHA. At least 30 days before the annual reexamination and/or lease expiration, the PHA reviews the exempt or nonexempt status and compliance of family members (see 24 CFR 960.605(c)(3)).

You should visit your Project Management Office if you have questions concerning who must comply and those who are exempt from the Community Service requirement. The Community Service requirement is federally mandated program and non-compliance can lead to eviction action being taken against those residents who are not fulfilling their Community Service obligations.

What is HPHA doing about the crime in their housing projects?

HPHA offers programs in job training, high school equivalency diplomas (GET), and other areas that address the needs of residents who are seeking employment. You can contact HPHA at 808-832-5900 for more information.

I live in a housing project or housing development subdivision owned by HPHA and suspect that illegal drug activity is going on at a neighbor's unit/house. Who. doI contact to report the illegal activity?

You should call 911 and report the suspected illegal activity to the Police Department.

Who can I call to get information on forming a resident association in my housing project?

HPHA offers technical assistance in forming a "duly" elected and recognized resident association. For more information on forming a resident association, call 808-832-5900.

I have some concerns about the housing project I live in. Who can I call to talk about those concerns?

You can call 808-587-0599 with your concerns. Please have the specific details of your concerns or problems with your housing project. HPHA will make every attempt to resolve any issues you may have.

My neighbor in public housing project does not understand English very well and is always asking me questions about her rental lease. Is there someone who can help her with the language problem so she knows more about her lease?

If your neighbor does not speak or understand little or any English, the HPHA provides free interpreter services at the Management Office, which is available by appointment by pointing to her primary language on the "Please point here if you need an interpreter in this language" poster posted in each Management Office. Once the Management Office knows of her language needs, HPHA will attempt to meet her language needs on understanding her lease or any other information she needs concerning her tenancy at the housing project.